A lot of self-hosted WordPress users just recently started having problems with their WordPress Stats plugin. The Stats plugin was working fine until a few days ago where they got this error message: “Your WordPress.com account, blah is not authorized to view the stats of this blog“. You’ve probably tried updating the stats plugin, deactivating it and then re-activating it and even upgrading your WordPress installation. Thankfully, the way to fix this Stats problem is actually much more simple.
WordPress has created a new plugin called Jetpack which allows you to add quite a few new features to improve your WordPress blog, including WordPress Stats. Simply download and activate the new Jetpack plugin and your stats will start working again. Plus you’ll get a few added features if you choose to switch them on including:
- Twitter Widget – Display the latest updates from a Twitter user inside your theme’s widgets.
- Gravatar Hovercards – Show a pop-up business card of your users’ Gravatar profiles in comments.
- WP.me Shortlinks – Enable WP.me-powered shortlinks for all of your Posts and Pages for easier sharing.
- Shortcode Embeds – Easily embed videos and more from sites like YouTube, Vimeo, and SlideShare.
- After The Deadline – After the Deadline helps you write better by adding spell, style, and grammar checking to WordPress.
- LaTeX – Mark up your posts with the LaTeX markup language, perfect for complex mathematical equations and other über-geekery.
- Sharedaddy – The most super duper sharing tool on the interwebs. Share content with Facebook, Twitter, and many more.