You have a WordPress blog and for one reason or another you want to exclude a certain category from your WordPress search results. It’s pretty simple to exclude or hide a category, or several categories, from your search results and all you’ll need to do is edit your search.php file in your WordPress theme folder.
What you’ll need to do:
Simply open up your search.php file inside your WordPress theme folder and add the following code just above the loop (if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post();). In this example below we are excluding categories with an ID of 8 and 9. You’ll need to find the ID of each category you want to exclude from your search results and include it in the below code.
<?php $page = (get_query_var('paged')) ? get_query_var('paged') : 1; $s = get_query_var('s'); query_posts("s=$s&cat=-8,-9&paged=$page"); ?>Related posts:
- Exclude a category from your WordPress index page
- Exclude a WordPress Category from your RSS Feed
- Restore your wordpress database from backup using phpMyAdmin
- Magazine Style WordPress Themes
- Must have WordPress plugins for bloggers